Sunday, February 8, 2009

Making Room

Now it's time for the hard part. Sure, my seed class went great and now I have a flat of seeds that should start germinating soon. I can't wait for my little seedlings to emerge. But now I have to figure out where I'm going to put them when they do. You see, once they sprout, they'll need light and until the spring equinox (we think that's what it's called... around March 21), there won't be enough ambient light for the plants to thrive. I need to get an artificial light set-up for them until that time comes. I think I'm ready to accept that challenge, however the problem that still remains is figuring out where to put them. So, now I have to purge and clear some space for my new hobby. Ultimately, that means that some of the arts and crafty supplies that I hang on to,but never use, will have to go to make space for my new project. I already have dahlia tubers all over my mosaic/craft work bench so it really won't be that drastic of a transformation. But I have to get some order and organization going in there if I am really going to use my studio to house both projects at once (the project of growing my own food and the project of making art with broken glass). When I go into my studio/"new garden nursery" right now, I want to turn right around and go back because it's so chaotic. I thought about taking a "before" picture of what it looks like right now, but I just can't bear the thought of having a picture of that disaster area on my blog right now (sort of like the fence situation). I just really don't feel like showcasing the mess. So, that's my plan - to log off my computer and get to work on creating a workable space. Hopefully, I'll be able to post an "after" picture soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Your blog is great and your garden is going to be great too. I can't wait to see it.