Saturday, October 17, 2009

Friday Night Fright

Halloween is one of my favorite times of the year. I love costumes - they're a chance to reinvent myself for the night. I usually choose positive, fun costumes since I'm not big on the gory variety. But then, Jake and I got invited to a Halloween party and we were asked to come dressed as a way we could die. It seemed like bad juju to dress up as a way that I could actually die, so I started looking at it as the creative challenge of coming up with a new costume idea that I look forward to every year.

After much deliberation, I decided to go with a garden-themed idea: bird flu. And how did I get bird flu, you ask? Why, the chickens, of course! Yes, I went as crazy chicken lady with bird flu. Instead of going morbid, I went over the top. Jake wore his climbing harness with a frayed rope attached, which is both perfect for the party and completely frightening for me at the same time. I think he probably saw my costume the same way. I hope this play on reality isn't actually a preview of what's to come.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I can see a sick climbing chicken in your future....

radhi said...

hehe, hilarious!