Monday, May 18, 2009

Ode to my Kitchen Garden

I have gone to the farmer's market every Saturday for my produce since December...until this weekend. I have so many beautiful greens that are ready to be harvested that I didn't dare buy more at the market. Tonight I made an amazing stir fry with baby bok choy, Swiss chard, and spinach. It was delicious.


Last night, Jake and I went out to the garden with two big bowls and filled them up with three different varieties of fresh lettuce, spinach, and basil for an amazing salad. I made garlic croutons with the spelt bread I made on Saturday and Jake made a yummy vinaigrette with some left over pomegranate juice that I used in a terrific asparagus recipe this weekend. Had I brought a fork out to the garden, I could have started eating my salad right there.



P.S. Thank you, Jake, for humoring me by taking all those beautiful pictures of my vegetables. They make me so happy!

3 comments:

Jake said...

Your garden is like a supermarket, except at the supermarket, if you take a photo of the food they don't prepare a meal out of it and give it to you for free.

radhi said...

hello beautiful greens! and hello beautiful stacy... i can't wait to see your face!!!!!!!!!!!!!! eeeeeee!! i'm so excited!

Unknown said...

You need to come teach me how to garden!! My greens are just barely visible. I did make a big spinach salad tonight, but I bought the plants as seedlings, so it doesn't really count.