Saturday, June 12, 2010

Blog love: A local gem


A few weeks ago, I met Kate. We sat next to each other at a birthday dinner at the Palace Kitchen in Belltown. Besides the beautifully mosaiced rooster sculpture in the entrance way, the restaurant has amazing food and coconut cream pie that is to die for. I'm not sure whether it was the meal or my inherent ability to initiate garden-related conversations, but it wasn't long before we were talking about cooking and growing food. And then, as if that wasn't enough, I discovered her blog. I've only been reading Good Egg for a few weeks now, but I know I'll be another one of her future followers. Her writing is beautiful and the pictures are lovely. I haven't tried a recipe yet, but my peas finally have blossoms and she posted a delicious-looking risotto recipe, so it won't be long before I do. And now she's starting a garden, so I can only imagine what she'll do with her own bounty. I don't want to gush, but I just had to share my local blog love. Gardening and turning your harvest into a gourmet dinner is an amazing learning experience and the more resources we can find to help us along the way, the better. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Kate said...

Wow, thanks for the blog love Stacy! I'm excited to have a new friend who also happens to be a garden expert AND a great blogger. Now can you tell me why those boogersnot slugs love my cucumber plants so much?