Monday, June 28, 2010

Got chicken wire?

Well, my summer vacation is in full swing and I am in project mode – big time. Jake came home on Thursday evening to find me in the middle of painting the bathroom. It was time to make it a little more farmhouse chic like the rest of the house. And nothing quite says farm like a little chicken wire, at least on my little urban "farm". So, I put some extra chicken wire to use this weekend by making a funky and practical girly bathroom accessory, an earring holder.

I just painted an inexpensive, wood picture frame from Ikea. Once the paint was dry, I cut out some chicken wire with my fantastic tin snips and used a heavy-duty stapler to attach the wire to the back of the frame. If you don't count the time it takes for the paint to dry, this craft takes about ten minutes to complete. It almost takes more time deciding which pair of earrings to wear.

No comments: