Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Now that's a perennial!

When I was 17, I got a purple pansy tattooed on my leg. My dad went with me when I had it done and it was something I was happy with for years. But, this winter, I started getting the itch to revive my tired, 13 year old tattoo with something new.

So, I made an appointment with an amazing artist, Andrea, at Slave to the Needle in Ballard, waited four months to finally get an appointment with her, and endured a little over two and a half hours of pain to have this beautiful new tattoo. Sure, having a pansy on my leg as a gardener was fitting, but this one just feels a bit more like me – more grown up, more botanical knowledge under my belt, more creative and artistic. The beautiful bee design I chose is not my artwork. My dad found it on some farmers' market poster. It's all healed now and after all, this week is National Pollinator Week, so what better time to make its blog debut.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy Bee's Knees! That is such a wonderful evolution. Great design and color too. Good for you and congratulations!

radhi said...

thanks for posting a close up! it's soooo perfect!

Anonymous said...

Wow! That is fantastic! Gorgeous. I love Slave to the Needle too.