Monday, July 5, 2010

My first tomatoes...in June!

I harvested my first ripe, Stupice heirloom tomato for our Fathers' Day BBQ. My first tomato... in June, thanks to my lovely plastic-covered hoop house structure! I tempted fate when I put those seedlings in the ground so early, but I guess they got enough heat in their little house. As for the peppers and tomatillos...I'm not so sure. I'll have to keep you posted on those.

Those beautiful tomatoes came from the seeds I saved last summer, my first attempt at saving seeds. I guess it worked!

Jake and I were diggin' this series of photos. Basically, it's the super simple, but ridiculously delicious way I put this first tomato to use.


Home-made French walnut bread with fresh Chevre

I can't get enough goat cheese lately. After giving up dairy last year for my allergies and hearing that goat cheese is more easily digested, I've been giving it a try. Actually, I think "giving it a try" is a major understatement at this point.




Fresh basil leaves topped by delicious Stupice tomato slices and a healthy drizzle of olive oil


Devoured with pleasure

1 comment:

radhi said...

yummm and so pretty! i LOVE goat cheese too! good work with your seed saving skills :)